Believe it or not, there are some celebrities who get married because they love each other, make a great team, and want to spend the rest of their lives together. But, it seems that many celebrity couples just tie the knot or enter into relationships just to garner as much publicity as possible. Thus furthering their millionaire careers taking them into regions only the NASA Shuttle has reached before.
Come on, just because they are stars, does that mean they have to make billions every year?
Beleive it or not, there are numerous celebrity marriages that have lasted for more than a mega-second like many celeb marriages. Just think about current and some older celebrities that have gotten married, having divorced faster than most people can take a shower. All you have to do is think Cher, Madonna, Pamela Anderson, and Jennifer Lopez. Did you know that Jennifer Lopez has been married not once, but three times? With J. Lo and Anthony having been married for seven years, you try to believe theirs was not just a publicity stunt. Her third marriage was with Marc Anthony, and she was his second.
Therefore, to let you know that not all celebrities fall into bed with each other and get married because they are crazed publicity hounds, here are ten long lasting celebrity marriages:
1. James Garner and his wife of 56 years, Lois Clarke.
2. Ron Howard, the famous producer, and the little kid in the hit TV show, Mayberry, and his wife Cheryl have been married for 37 years.
3. Former SNL star Dan Aykroyd and Donna Dixon tied the knot in 1983.
4.Actor, Producer, Tom Hanks and his actress wife Rita Wilson have been currently married for 25 years.
5. Kevin Bacon and his talented wife, Kyra Sedgwick have been married for 25 years.
6. Having tied the marriage knot in 1989, Kevin Kline and Phoebe Cates have been married for 24 years.
7. John Travolta and Kelly Preston have been married for just 23 years, and had a baby in 2010.
8.Famous director, Steven Speilberg, and Kate Capshaw happily tied the knot in 1991, reaching the 22 year marriage mark.
9. Famous rock singer, David Bowie, and Somali supermodel Iman, have been married for a long time in celeb land also of 22 years.
10. Faith Hill and Tim McGraw have four children together and have been married for 17 years, despite divorce rumors.
There are more celebrity marriages that have lasted for a long time, (anything more than 15 minutes, like Britney Spears), such as Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, Michelle Pfeiffer and David Kelley. Hopefully, the ten millionaire celebrity marriages just listed will not be slated in the news as the next celebrity marriage causalities, proving that some celebrities get married for love. Copyright 2011, written by talented writer Kate Johns, who started her career creating greeting cards in 2004.