Did Miley Cyrus get engaged as a publicity stunt? In June of 2012, Miley Cyrus became engaged to actor Liam Hemsworth. Liam gave Miley a 3.5 carat ring. The pair has been seeing each other since 2009, when he co-starred in her movie, "The Last Song."He is from Australia, came to America in 2009 and was dropped or passed over for several movie productions until scoring his first big movie role with Miley.
What gets me thinking this is just a publicity stunt for the couple are these facts:
1. Miley Cyrus has not been heard from, that I know of, since she walked away from her Hannah Montana Disney TV show.
2. It's great publicity for both stars in this case---Miley is making a new album, and Liam is making several movies.
3. Marriage doesn't last long for Hollywood types.written by Kate Johns
4. Miley is only 19, he is 22---kind of young to get married.
5. Miley needs the publicity, because nothing major has happened for the young millionaire for several years.
6. Past history has me thinking this is just a publicity stunt---like when Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries got engaged complete with a 20.5 carat ring, and a 72 day long wedding.
7. Call me cyncial, but it's the way I feel about this.
8. Did anyone really know who Liam Hemsworth was until this announcement was made?
Currently Miley and Liam are busy working on individual projects, with Miley making a new album, and Liam starring in "Empire State", "Paranoia", and appearing as Gale in the upcoming Hunger games flick----"Catching Fire."
The happy couple met and fell in love during Miley's hit movie, "The Last Song", back in 2009. He also starred in one of her music videos for a song called, "When I look at You."Copyright 2012, written by talented writer Kate Johns who has been writing professionally since 2004!